Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Not so white, Chicken Chili

I've been dying to make this for weeks and finally got the chance, so, I'm bringing you all along for the ride.This recipe literally came out of nowhere one day while I was walking through the grocery store. I've tweaked it a few times and I think I finally got it jussssstt right. I call it White Chicken Chili, but, it's really not quite so white at all. It is, however, DELICIOUS. Todays post is definitely coming with A LOT of pictures, I always find that fun. Ok, Ready? Here we go.

What you need:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into chunks
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
(you can also used stewed tomatoes if thats your thing just be sure to dice them before you add them to the pot)
I pkg of McCormick white chicken chili seasoning
1-2 Andouille sausages  (depending on the brand and size of the link, in this case I'm only using 1)
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tbs Salt
1/2 tbs Ground Black Pepper
1 table spoon Garlic powder

Make it:
Season the diced chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Once the chicken is coated evenly toss it in the skillet and brown it, 
(you want all those nice browny bits at the bottom)
While the chicken is cooking, cut up the Andouille sausage. 
Slice it and then cut each slice in half. 
When the chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.  
Add the andouille to the same skillet.

When the Andouille is browned nicely, add the chicken back in.

Then add in the tomatoes & chicken chili seasoning & mix it all in evenly.

Then add the black beans & water & stir.
Let it cook on medium heat for 10-15 min or so, Stir occasionally.
Top with shredded cheese & serve with tortilla toast points.



I'm supremely proud of this recipe, it was one of the first ones I ever came up with by myself. I hope you'll try it and enjoy it as much as we do.
As always let me know if you try it & how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment