Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sausage & Cheese Biscuits

 A few weeks back (in the post right before this, because I'm a slacker) I posted some broccoli ham and cheddar bites. They were delicious but I really wanted something with more of bread or biscuit-like texture. A few days later I decided to wake up and be nice to my husband and cook him breakfast before I handed him the honey-do-list for the day (like I was gonna let him relax on a saturday? HA!). I decided a snack type breakfast like the broccoli ham and cheddar bites was the direction i wanted to go but not exactly what I felt like eating that particular morning, and then it came to me....  
SAUSAGE & CHEESE BISCUITS! 
The recipe for this deliciousness can be found below.....with pictures! HUZZAH!

Ingredients:
  • 1 roll of Jimmy Dean MILD sausage, browned & crumbled (i say one roll because it sounds better than tube, you can use any kind of breakfast sausage you choose you need about 2 cups
  • 1 can of pillsbury biscuits (i chose to use the flaky layers, because they are my favorite but you can use any kind you like)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I chose a 4 cheddar blend, you can choose whichever is your favorite)
  • 1 mini muffin pan (or large muffin pan if you wish)


Directions: 
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl combine the browned, crumbled & slightly cooled (you don't want the cheese to start melting yet) sausage with the shredded cheese of your choice. Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4. Grab one of the
biscuit quarters and flatten into a circle shape with your fingers a bit until its about 2 inches in diameter.
Spoon about a table spoon of the sausage & cheese filling into the center and fold the edges of the biscuit inward sealing in the mixture.form it into a ball shape and dip the top into the sausage and cheese mixture to coat the top part, then place in the muffin pan with the coated side up. Place them in that nice toasty oven for about 20 minutes or  until the tops are a nice golden brown.
Enjoy and as always, please let me know how you liked them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment