Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gooey Chocolate Cookies

I can cook just about anything, what I cannot do, is bake. I can bake super amazing moist cakes but that's the extent of it. I stop at cake. So, when it comes to desserts, I look to recipes to guide me every little step of the way. I can't change them up and own them like I would a savory dish, baking is a very exact thing.

Anyway, that said, I'm baking cookies today. This is a recipe I saw on the food network many moons ago, on Paula Deens show. These cookies are super easy, super soft, and absolutely melt in your mouth delicious. They also contain a stick of butter, but you expected that the moment I said "Paula Deen", right? It's kind of a given.....
Anyway, cookie time! Ready? Let's get the party started.

You need:
 1 brick of cream cheese,(8oz) at room temperature
1 stick of butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box of chocolate cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
 Directions:
In a large bowl mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth. 

Beat in the egg. 

Then beat in the vanilla extract. 

Beat in the cake mix. 

Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.

Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. 
Bake 12 minutes. 
The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." 
Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.


I don't even like Chocolate and I eat these cookies like they are going out of style. They are THAT good. Let me know if you try them!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't cook, like don't even attempt because I get so aggravated... BUT this looks like something even I could do! I am loving your new blog!

    ReplyDelete